Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photoshoot

I am such a bad mom. My boys have not had professional pictures taken of them since they were about 3 years old. (Besides Joshua's graduation pictures in 2006)

So last night my neighbor Joy, who takes pictures of her kids every year, and I decided to do a photo shoot in some of our beautiful neighborhood surroundings. These are just a sample of the ones I took with my camera. I haven't been able to view Joys yet, but I am sure she has some awesome ones. Joshua was not home from work yet, so we will have to have another shoot when he is available.

This is probably my favorite. Jeremy sitting down by the creek.
Photobucket

Then a serious pose.
Photobucket

Of course, Angel had to get in the action.
Photobucket

Then we took some up in our yard on the big boulders that seperate the 50 foot drop into the old quarry.
Hacker, our cat, wanted to get in the action too.
Photobucket

Then Jeremy's girlfriend wanted him to do a seductive pose. She wanted him to take his shirt off, but mom wouldn't have any part of that!!
Photobucket

And then, of course, one with the girlfriend.
Photobucket

I did figure out that lighting is important. Can't wait to see Joy's pictures and take another shoot with Joshua and Jeremy together. Maybe we will go all out and do a family picture.

5 comments:

1st Mate said...

I like the top one best. You're going to be glad you did this when your boy is 40 and losing his hair.

IslaZina said...

Muy guapo! Is this the same kid I met at Playa Sol? What a difference a girlfriend can make.

Islaholic Trixie said...

1st mate...He will probably be bald, as baldness runs on my mom and my dad's side of the family.
Islazina...Don't know if you met Jeremy or Joshua or both. Joshua is a quite a bit larger then Jeremy. His girlfriend has made a big difference in his life. Hopefully you will meet them both again this Christmas on Isla.

Anonymous said...

I like the first one the best. He looks like he is enjoying himself. It’s never too late to take photos of your children to remind yourself of what they once were.

Islagringo said...

What a great idea! Both you and they will be so glad you documented this stage of their life.