Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunday Contemplation

This past weekend was spent at the homestead. Saturday night we hosted a delayed fourth of July BBQ, complete with fireworks in the quarry. None of my fireworks pictures turned out though.

Even Angel, our German Shephard, invited a friend.
Angel was such a good host, bringing her friend a bone and then laying down next to her to watch over her.
Photobucket

Sunday was spent, by me, in my favorite place. The couch. I watched two movies and contemplated life. More on my contemplations later.
I started taking pictures of my view from the couch. The big picture window looked like a portrait of the sky.
Photobucket

The other picture window being the extension of the first portrait.
Photobucket

Straight in my line of sight from my favorite couch potato position.
Photobucket

And, of course, Angel on her "couch."
Photobucket

If I look up this is what I see. Twelve of the reindeer watching over me. When we built the house I had a special block put in across the whole loft so Biggy B could hang his trophies without looking for a stud.
Photobucket

Our boys were outside hard at work washing and greasing trucks. A Sunday tradition around here since they work on the job six days a week.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I scanned the garage and realized we have way too much "stuff."
Photobucket

The only two things we will not give up when we retire!!
Photobucket

You may ask where I am going with all of this, but you will have to wait. It's part of my contemplation issue from my Sunday on the couch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the sky through the picture windows. You have a HUGE garage!

Islagringo said...

that's gonna be one helluva garage sale!